What a blessing it is to sponsor a friend or a family member for a Tres Dias weekend. By being a sponsor, you are undertaking a tremendous responsibility, and is not to be taken lightly! Your responsibility starts with asking and continues throughout the Fourth Day.
Tres Dias is an adult weekend that concentrates closely on Jesus Christ and His teachings. While Tres Dias explores basic Christian beliefs, it is best described as a spiritual encounter with Christ. Many who have attended a weekend have experienced a deeper and more meaningful relationship with Christ as they sense His love in a real and powerful way.
When a person has expressed interest, take time to explain the purpose of Tres Dias. If the person is married, the spouse should be included in the discussion if at all possible. If your candidate is a pastor, it would be great if a spiritual director explains the purpose of Tres Dias to them.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Have a strong desire to have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Complete, sign and date the application found at the bottom of this page.
- Pay the $150.00 weekend fee per person for food and lodging (unless being paid by Sponsor).
Your Responsibilities as a Sponsor:
- Know the person you are sponsoring.
- As a sponsor, you should discuss the purpose and focus of a weekend with your candidate.
- Make sure (before the weekend) that candidate is aware of $150.00 weekend fee per person for food and lodging if you are not paying it for them.
- Answer all questions that your candidate may have about the weekend, just don’t tell them more than they need to know. You may want to give them a copy of our FAQs.
- Married candidates should both submit an application separately.
- Make sure the candidate has the proper equipment/necessities (clothes, twin bedding, medicine, etc.) for the weekend.
- Arrange to pick-up your candidate and take them to the meeting place that will be decided on before the Weekend arrives.
- Suggest to your candidate that if they can take off work Monday after their weekend, it would be to their advantage. A great time to catch up on rest.
- Write your candidate a palanca letter.
- Explain, mark, and pick up palanca letters and deliver them to the Palanca Coordinator by Thursday night before the Weekend starts.
- Make sure the candidate’s family knows how to contact you in case of emergency. Some sponsors provide “family palanca”, by cutting grass, preparing meals, caring for children or otherwise assisting the family in the candidate’s absence.
- Pray “unceasingly” during the weekend.
- Advise candidate’s spouse/family of the time the he/she will be returning on Sunday, usually between 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Attend closing. Closing usually starts on Sunday around mid-afternoon. You’ll want to be there early so you can pick up your candidate’s personal belongings BEFORE closing and put them in your car. This is important, as closing can sometimes run late and candidates are often anxious to get home.
- Discuss the Fourth Day activities.
Help us fill each weekend with candidates who are excited about deepening their walk with Christ and knowing that they have a sponsor who truly cares about them. If you have any suggestions on sponsoring individuals, please talk to any of the Secretariat, the Weekend Committee, Rector & Rectora, or your own Sponsor who invited you to your Tres Dias Weekend.
Please read our Sponsor Guidelines before sponsoring your candidate.
Candidate fees are $150 per person. They can be paid in full here.